Friday, December 12, 2008

Winter Storm Ramble

Last night was a good night for me writing wise. I got to ramble and bounce ideas off of "Nee-chan" (who is actually one of my best friends and surrogate little sister. lol It's a lame but sweet story for why everyone calls her that so it's probably better off not told xD).

Which also reminds me and makes me sad, she's getting married on New Years Day and I can't be there. =^;_;^= Silly living on the other side of the country!

Anyway, so I got to ramble at her for a good 2-3 hours which really lightened my mood. It was nice to have feed back on all of the work and thought that I have so far put into the setting of what I am working on (as well as all of the character concepts I have -- even the partial ones). Later we had fun doing name searches and trying not to laugh at people with very unfortunate meaning names.

So far, three names that I will never name ANYTHING unless they are places or animals that too aptly fit the names:
  1. Beverly : BEV-er-lee : anglo-saxon "beaver meadow"
  2. Capri : KAH-pree or kuh-PREE : anglo-saxon "the goat"
  3. Damaris : DAH-mar-is : greek "heifer"

Steve is still out sick today with some stomach bug, so Kim and I are trying to come up with a plan to keep him quarantined to his office when he returns. Kim is lucky and got to leave early today because it is her son's birthday and they are going to Portland despite the horrendous storm coming into town. I had to shoo her out the door after lunch though so that she could take off before it really hit and now I am all by my lonesome with a years worth of receipts to go through and this months tenant filing (I really wish that they wouldn't give me all of the filing all at once, it becomes an all day project when they do that =^>.<^= ).

Oh well, at least I have something to do!

As things are right now, I am hoping that the power manages to stay on. It has been flickering on and off since 10:00am today. I don't know how the weather looks higher up on the hill, but so far down here on the river front, it has been almost non-stop pouring rain or sleet with very heavy wind. The wind is so strong that it actually blew one of our 50+lb potted plants into the street... I did not have fun going to chase that down. Well, that's not true. It was very entertaining for me to chase a plant that was rolling down the street. Returning it to the office was the far less than fun part! So, since that happened I had to move all of the plants inside the empty office next door. lol I probably should have asked to take a few minutes and move my car closer to the office too. =/ Oh well, a lot of sleet, rain and 70mph wind gusts never hurt anyone, right? *rolls eyes*

Honestly, what I worry about the most right now is that the storm is hitting now, it will knock out power to the area like last years storm did and then the snow will hit so people are going to be freezing... and our fire place doesn't work well due to a broken flue (is that even how it is spelled?) and something on the top of our chimney which is facing the wrong way and causes the wind to blow the smoke back DOWN the chimney into our house. lol

Ok, ok, I'll stop complaining. After all, Jes and Paul are coming down this weekend! So no matter what there is bound to be fun, even if we ARE freezing!

**UPDATE** Kim just called and said that she has to drive all the way to Longview to use the bridge there to get home due to waves crashing over the 101 bridge from OR to WA. :( Poor Kim, I hope she makes it home all right tonight.

No comments: