Friday, September 27, 2013

Week Three

I found in the third week that not only was it easier, but I also started eating less without having to think about it.  Also, the smarter food choices are becoming easier.  The later is being said though since my body greatly disagrees with the consumption of dairy and red meats and has for some time.  Because of this I have been going through the process of cutting back and out on these foods.

I miss cheese less, but I still miss it, and I only crave red meat when it is that dreaded shark week.

The disappointment this week though, was to find out that it is healthier for me to eat fast food than it is to eat Amy's Organic Chili - Medium (vegan).  Oh cripes that stuff is bad for you if you eat the entire can.  I don't know about anyone else, but that is what I tend to do because half the can (aka one serving) just does not cut it for me.

One of the biggest challenges that I am having is trying to find time to eat when I am home with my son.  He does not make it easy to make something healthy and heat-&-eat items tend to be... not healthy.  Combine that with trying to get my own business up and running, running a guild in WoW (yes, yes, I know, the WoW-crack is not a life necessity but I like that it is entertainment that costs me a grand $15/month and helps keep us on budget since I want to go out less) and I consider it a good day if I actually get lunch rather than grazing until my husband comes home from work.  Mentioning the WoW-crack though, I should say this is something that 95% of the time I do not touch until my husband is home and I can login to make sure everything is stocked up for people.

When it comes to eating out, yes, it is a transition.  Fortunately, I am one of those people that already loves salads and vege in general.  The only times I see running into problems are going out to eat at a couple of my favorite places.  The Mexican restaurant that I enjoy doesn't really "do" salads.  There is a small side salad.  It consists of lettuce, a smidge of tomato and a ton of onion.... with creamy jalapeno dressing.  Almost everything else has a ton of cheese or fat.  The Indian restaurant, well... let's just say that the healthiest thing on the menu is dessert. Hah!  It's delicious but I know it isn't healthy with as much cream is used in most of those dishes, not to mention coconut.  Aside from those two places I am usually golden, and if I do want a treat, my husband will generally share it with me.

Sure, I wish I was loosing weight faster.  Who wouldn't -- aside from the people working to maintain their healthy weight or looking to gain healthy weight?  This way seems to work better for me though since I am consistently loosing and my weight fluctuations are not coming into play on my weigh-in days.

If this is disjointed, my apologies.  Attempting to blog with an active toddler is not the easiest thing in the world to say the least.

No comments: