Thursday, June 10, 2010

Amikomo-9 Yawaraka Lace Café Curtain

Day One:  This is the first time I have ever really used a chart to follow a pattern.  If the pattern were written out in Japanese I would have a much easier time of it since I speak and read Japanese (luls).  Eventually my brain kicked in though and I am done with the first motif square.

Something important for people to note on the chart that at the very center of the motif, the character for "wa" indicates to ch2.

Initially I attempted to Magic Ring this pattern but the look changes and the yarn I am using made the ring more difficult in the pattern than just doing a straight ch2 start.

Currently, I am wondering how it is I am going to be joining all of these motifs together.  I have never done a piece made up entirely of motifs so my brain is wrapping itself around that issue at the moment.

No comments: