Saturday, April 30, 2016

Two weeks down.

A couple of weeks have passed and a few things have changed in terms of my working towards becoming a healthier person.

First, I caved and finally bought one of those "diet" systems that you have to sit through the long and immeasurably boring audio segments to get the better deal.  Another change is that we brought home a puppy.  I knew the puppy would be a good thing, I did not know if the diet system would be.  Apparently, it is!

Honestly, I should not call it a diet system, though.  It is a lifestyle change.  One that is perfectly suited to someone like me that is pre-diabetic.  I think it would be good for diabetics as well.  Is it tough? Very.  This change essentially eliminates all starchy carbs and processed sugars as well as restricts natural sugars.  Does it work?  Yes.

In one week with this eating change as well as my normal routine, I have dropped 11 lbs and 1% body fat.

That being said, I did not follow the first two weeks strictly yesterday since it was a day of celebration.  There was ice cream, pizza and hamburgers to be had.  I am sure that my waistline will hate me for this tomorrow, but I am already back to my new, regularly scheduled eating habits.

I think I also sprained my ankle somehow, no idea what I did to hurt it, though.  Outside of the exercise and puppy walks, I have been on a spring cleaning kick.  Nothing outside of the new norm besides the purging of things from the house.  Oh well, it has not stopped my exercise routine, it's just a smidge less pleasant and more strenuous.

No comments: